plus two free BIG 'how to' writing ideas manuals
15 Wily Ways to Write Better Stories plus How to Win Writing Contests for Profit
To join the course without charge and acquire your two free books simply enter your name and email address:
The Wicked Writing Blog
Welcome to the home of writing award ideas and practical advice for story contest success. Fun and sheer tomfoolery are never far away. Feel free to add your comments. (To comment on a post, or see the comments there, simply click on its title.)
click on the post title then click on one of the icons below.
(A Tip: you'll find a lot of social networks under the Red Cross.)
- Seven Big Mistakes That Can Kill Your Story -...
- 13 Reasons Why I Love James Patterson - And You...
- Five Simple Ways To Find More Hours To Write
- Eight steps to building a fictional world that...
- Six Top Ways To Find Your Perfect Writing Mentor
- 5 Steps to Create Personal Branding Every...
- Three Ways To Close Your Stories With Panache -...
- How I Created A Totally New Book Genre - And...
- A Little-Known Way To Be Paid While You Write
- Why I Quit Writing And Started Living
- How To Get Your Story PUBLISHED - Advice From A...
- A Clever New Way To Bring Your Characters Alive
- How To Make Great Money In Freelance Writing -...
- Ten Ways To Find A Great Writing Community On...
- Six Fast Ways To Sharpen Your Stories
- Writers' Block? How To Turn It Into Story Gold!
- How To Power Your Life And Achieve Your Goals -...
- How To Sell Your Story: The Zombie Ice-Cream...
- How To Open Your Story: Three Dynamic Ways
- Writing Rules: Should You Ignore Them?
- How to turn a mid-book crisis into a writing...
- A Painless Way To Get Your Book To Market
- Five Top Tips For Being A Happy Writer
- How To Write A Kindle Best Seller
- Do You Make These Three Big Mistakes With...
- Ten Top Tips For Promoting Your Book - From A Dog
- Three Ways (Not) To Kill Your Story In Its Cradle
- Six Provocative Ways To Become A 'Real' Writer
- How to acquire mana - and sell a million books
- 15 Ways To Tell You’re Onto Something Good
- Six Ways To Win More Readers With Your Words
- Six Big Mistakes That Even Top Authors Make
- Could This ‘Magic’ Trick Rescue Your Story?
- Five Ways To Succeed As A Fiction Writer If...
- An Infallible Way To Test The Quality Of Your...
- Clever Ways to Fake The Real - And Make Your...
- Five Practical Ways To Kill Your Characters
- How To Sell 100,000 Novels Without (Really) Trying
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
Dr John Yeoman, MA Oxon, MPhil, PhD Creative Writing, FSRS* is a UK university tutor in the short story. He has 42 years experience as a successful commercial writer, newspaper editor and one-time chairman of a major PR consultancy.
He has published innumerable works of humour, some intended to be humorous.
* Founder, the Society for the Rehabilitation of the Semi-colon