plus two free BIG 'how to' writing ideas manuals
15 Wily Ways to Write Better Stories plus How to Win Writing Contests for Profit
To join the course without charge and acquire your two free books simply enter your name and email address:
The Wicked Writing Blog
Welcome to the home of great writing ideas. Fun and sheer tomfoolery are never far away! Feel free to add your comments. (To comment on a post, or see the comments there, simply click on its title.)
click on the post title then click on one of the icons below.
(A Tip: you'll find a lot of social networks under the Red Cross.)
- Why Everything You Think You Know About...
- An Honest Letter To The Writer Struggling To...
- Don't Let 'Beautiful' Writing Wreck Your Story!
- 7 Great Ways To Close A Story (and How Famous...
- Create Your Own 'Fine Writing' Machine (15...
- Seven Timeless Tips For Writing Classic Stories
- Three Great Ways To Bring Your Character Alive
- Do You Make These 6 Big Mistakes With Your...
- How To Write A Very Short Story (The Ultimate...
- Writer Alert: How Safe Is Your Story From The...
- How to Write Funny
- Five Steps To Writing Faster With More Fun
- Is this 'breakthrough' writing idea the future...
- Who killed Jeff Bezos?
- This Simple 3-Step Plan Gives You Plot Ideas...
- Try This New Writing Strategy To Refresh Your...
- How (Not) To Scandalize Your Readers
- Play Your Way to Writing Success
- Instant depth! Five simple ways to add...
- How Do You Cope With Bad Feedback On Your Work?
- Nine Big Lies That Agents Tell You
- 8 Myths about Guest Posting Exploded! (Plus...
- Write A Story In A Day (The Jack-in-The-Box...
- Are You Too Young To Write A Great Story?
- How To Create A Magic Machine That Writes Your...
- Three Ways To Turn Your Lies Into A Literary...
- Seven Top Tips That Writing Tutors Will Never...
- Is It Worth Being An Author? (Truly?)
- Three Powerful Ways To Make Your Stories Credible
- Seven Warning Signs Your Writing Is Getting Stale
- Five Fast Ways To Fix A Story That ‘Goes...
- How Harper Lee Used Symbols To Power Her Novels
- The Inciting Incident: 7 Tips For Starting Your...
- How To Write A Best Seller While Losing Weight....
- Want to up your writing game? Here's a novel way!
- Seven Sneaky Ways To Bring Your Dialogue Alive
- Deep Travel: How To Write From The Heart And...
- Five Great 'Characterization' Tips - Use Them...
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
Dr John Yeoman, MA Oxon, MPhil, PhD Creative Writing, FSRS* is a UK university tutor in the short story. He has 42 years experience as a successful commercial writer, newspaper editor and one-time chairman of a major PR consultancy.
He has published innumerable works of humour, some intended to be humorous.
* Founder, the Society for the Rehabilitation of the Semi-colon